Hymn: TLH 39: Praise to the Lord, the Almighty
1. Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
O my soul, praise Him, for He is Thy Health and Salvation!
Join the full throng:
Wake, harp and psalter and song;
Sound forth in glad adoration!
2. Praise to the Lord, who o’er all things so wondrously
Who, as on wings of an eagle, uplifteth, sustaineth.
Hast thou not seen
How thy desires all have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?
3. Praise to the Lord, who hath fearfully, wondrously, made
Health hath vouchsafed and, when heedlessly falling, hath stayed
What need or grief
Ever hath failed of relief?–
Wings of His mercy did shade thee.
4. Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend
Who from the heavens the streams of His mercy doth send thee.
What the Almighty can do,
Who with His love doth befriend thee.
5. Praise to the Lord! Oh, let all that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before
Let the Amen
Sound from His people again;
Gladly for aye we adore Him.